Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Discontinuity Boy

After 13 years in Edinburgh, a BSc. in Artificial Intelligence and Psychology, a PhD in Cognitive Science, and a couple of post-docs I have finally left! 13 years of continuity have come to an end. This sudden discontinuity has been brought about by my move to Birkbeck, University of London to take up my first lectureship in Psychology. Thank you to everybody who made my time in Edinburgh so enjoyable, my friends, colleagues, collaborators, and students. And thank you Birkbeck for offering me this big break just when I needed it.

My new contact details are :

Tim J. Smith, Ph.D.
Lecturer
Rm 501d
Department of Psychological Sciences
Birkbeck, University of London
Malet Street,
London WC1E 7HX

Tel: +44(0)20 7631 6503
Fax: +44 (0)20 7631 6312

e-mail: tj.smith@bbk.ac.uk
url: http://www.bbk.ac.uk/psyc/staff/academic/tsmith

Don't worry, this does not signify the end of 'Continuity Boy'. Far from it. I will continue updating this research blog and I look forward to regaling you with details of the research coming out of my lab.

1 comment:

Paul Taberham said...

Congratulations, Tim! Onwards and upwards...